**CHANGES TO TERMINATIONS DUE TO COVID-19**
The following conditions are temporary and are in addition to those outlined in section 4, The details highlighted in RED within the T&Cs are temporarily overridden by the conditions outlined below.
The following is subject to change as restrictions/precautions evolve
- If a cancellation occurs and a payment has been made (deposit or other), a full refund will be processed to the hirer if the cancellation is imposed due to an unforeseen restriction placed onto the hirer due to COVID-19, which does not allow the event to proceed.
- Full refunds are not honoured if the cancellation is by choice. If the event can still proceed whilst restrictions are in place, deposits will be given as a credit to the hirer.
- Cancellations that are not imposed due an applied COVID-19 related restriction, will not result in a full refund. A credit will be provided to the hirer in this circumstance for a future booking.
- Postponements of a booking will be honoured at no additional costs if the postponement is due to an unforeseen restriction placed onto the hirer due to COVID-19, which does not allow the event to proceed.
- Postponements will incur a 10% cost of the total booking cost, if the even is postponed by choice (If the event can still proceed whilst restrictions are in place).
- Pallet Furniture Co. urges to only pay the remaining invoice cost at the due date (7 days prior to the confirmed hire date).
- Accepting the Hire Agreement confirms that the hirer is aware that COVID-19 condition updates outlined in these T&Cs are only temporary whilst COVID-19 related restrictions are in place, and will no longer apply once restrictions that impact WA are removed.
Terms & Conditions
1. Commencement and Termination of this Hire Agreement
The date of commencement and duration is as per agreement signed. The item shall be deemed to be on Hire from such a time as it is picked up by the Hirer and shall continue until the Hire expires.
As part of the owner’s stringent quality assurance process, all equipment is checked, counted and cleaned prior to dispatch. It is the Hirer’s responsibility to check all of the ordered equipment on delivery or collection and the Hirer must notify the owner of any breakages or missing items within 8 hours of receiving the equipment for hire. The Hirer acknowledges that it is aware of the proper use for which the equipment hired is designed and it has inspected the equipment and expressly agrees that the equipment is:
(i) in clean condition;
(ii) in satisfactory working order;
(iii) is fit for the purpose; and
(iv) is of a quality and specifications as ordered.
If any of the above is not met, the hirer must notify Pallet Furniture Co upon delivery to ensure this is rectified immediately. Pallet Furniture Co will not accept any responsibility if notification is not provided at the time of delivery.
In the event that inspections fails to identify major faults/defects, a full refund will be provided to the hirer if these faults/defects cannot be rectified.
2. Continuation and Early Termination of Hire
In the event that the Hirer terminates the Hire Agreement prior to the period specified in the schedule, then the Hirer must pay the full amount if the cancellation is less than 30 days prior to the period specified in the schedule. If the Hirer cancels the booking and gives more than 30 days notice prior to the period specified in the schedule, Pallet Furniture Co. will issue a credit voucher (we are unable to issue a cash refund) which will be valid for 12 months from date of issue.
In the event that the hirer postpones the booking to a future date, the hirer will incur a 10% postponement fee, which is calculated from the total booking cost.
3. Good Order and Maintenance
The Hirer shall be solely responsible for any damage, negligence, misuse, loss or accidents whether directly or indirectly arising therefrom.
4. Terms of payment
· The Hirer agrees to pay the owner’s hire charge and any other charges, including charges for loss, damage and repairs or any tax, GST, duty, levy or other expenses paid or payable by the owner at the rate and in the manner specified from the commencement date and time of the hire until the equipment is returned by the Hirer to the premises of the owner, or the Hirer notifies the owner’s hire controller that the equipment is ready for collection.
· If the Hirer requests the owner transport the equipment to or from the owner’s premises, the Hirer shall pay the owner all charges and expenses incurred by the owner in delivery, installing and collecting the equipment in addition to the hire charges.
· The owner reserves the right to amend or revise its rate or prices without notice.
· If not otherwise specified by the owner in writing all hiring charges including taxes and duties are to be paid 7 days prior to delivery of the equipment. If payment is not paid within this timeframe, Pallet Furniture Co has the right to cancel the full booking at their discretion. Payment must be made via provided payment options stated on the invoice.
· Once the deposit has been made, Pallet Furniture Co will provide an invoice to reflect remaining costs due.
· The Hirer agrees to provide the owner with the Hirer’s credit card number, expiry date and any other information which may be necessary to debit the Hirer’s credit card post hire period in the event of subsequent charges for loss/damage/repairs or other expenses. Pre-authorisation of the provided card will be made within 7 days prior to the hiring period to ensure details are valid and authorisation is made for any potential debit of charges.
· Subsequent charges for loss, damage, repairs or other expenses are to be paid within seven days of the relevant invoice. The Hirer authorises the owner to debit the Hirer’s credit card with the amount shown on the relevant invoice if the Hirer has not paid that amount within seven days of the date of the relevant invoice.
· The deposit can be paid at any time via payment options provided on the invoice. The timeframe for this deposit is to be made is at the discretion of the hirer. Bookings are not secured unless the deposit is made in full and the booking form is correctly filled out and return to Pallet Furniture Co
· Deposits are non-refunable.
· Manually payments will not be made by Pallet Furniture Co. unless in the event of subsequent charges for loss/damage/repairs or other expenses.
5. The Hirer’s Obligations
The Hirer must:
(a) accept responsibility for the equipment hired from the time of its delivery until collection or by return to the owner;
(b) be responsible for checking the order is correct on delivery
(c) assume the risk of and indemnify and hold the owner harmless from and against any and all property damage and personal injury resulting from:
(i) the use of the equipment;
(ii) contact with underground cables, pipes, services or other obstruction;
(iii) all necessary service repairs;
(d) use the equipment in a proper, safe and prudent manner and only for the purpose and capacity for which it was designed;
(e) ensure all equipment is returned or ready for collection by the owner’s driver, in a clean, dry and properly packed condition and if being collected, is readily acceptable. the Hirer must pay all cleaning and drying costs and for any damage resulting from not properly drying, cleaning or packing the equipment.
The Hirer acknowledges that the owner may inspect the equipment at any time during the period of hire, whether notice of such inspection is given to the Hirer or not, and the Hirer shall provide all assistance and co-operation necessary to facilitate such inspection of the equipment. The Hirer shall indemnify the owner in relation to any action of trespass or any other action or claim against the owner in the course of the owner exercising its right to inspect the equipment.
7. Loss of or Damage to Equipment
If on the return of the equipment to the owner the equipment is found by the owner to be in an unclean condition or not in a substantial working order, the Hirer shall pay to the owner the cost and expenses of restoring the equipment to a clean condition and good working order. Hire items that include linen that are returned with burns, holes, rips and staple marks will be charged at full replacement cost. if linen is returned unclean with stains including but not limited to candle wax, mould, rust, graffiti or heavy food beverage stains that are unable to be restored to a clean condition by ordinary laundering procedures, are required to have expert cleaning, then that cost will be charged to the Hirer at the appropriate rate. the Hirer accepts full responsibility to compensate the owner for the value of the equipment or parts thereof which may be lost or stolen from the time of commencement of the hire or delivery, whichever is earlier, until the equipment is returned to the owner’s premises or collected by the owner. this right shall not be prejudiced by or prejudice any other right under these terms. the owner’s staff is not required to be held liable for any breakages or missing items unless expressly evidenced, and agreed, between the owner and the Hirer.
8. Release and Indemnity
The Hirer hereby releases the owner from, and agrees to indemnify the owner in respect of any third party claims, action, suits, demands, costs and expenses for damage or injury to person, death, loss of income or damage caused to the Hirer or its property arising directly or indirectly out of the hire or use of the equipment by the Hirer or these terms.
The Hirer must maintain at its own expense all appropriate policies of insurance:
(a) for theft and damage to the equipment hired in an amount not less than the full replacement cost of the equipment;
(b) for liability, property and casualty insurance cover in amounts necessary to fully protect the owner and its equipment against all claims, loss or damage whatsoever.
10. Set-up and Removal of the Equipment
The owner is not responsible for the set-up of the equipment, unless otherwise expressly stated, and agreed in writing between the owner and the Hirer.
11. Item Cancellations
Unless COVID-19 restriction related, items cancelled less than 36 hours before delivery or collection will be charged at full rate plus transport (if any incurred). changes requested less than 36 hours from delivery or collection will be limited to additions only.
The Hirer must not remove the equipment from the delivery site, without the written consent of the owner, except for the purpose of returning the goods to the owner’s premises.
The item or any part of it shall not re-rented, sub-let, lent or sold in any way.
14. Force Majeure
If the owner is unable at any time to perform any of its obligations whether wholly or partly by reason of any cause beyond its control (including without limitation, acts of god, inclement weather, strikes, lockouts, fires, riots, civil commotion or unrest, interference by civil or military authorities or act of war) the owner may give written notice to that effect to the Hirer, giving full particulars of such force majeure in which case the obligations of the owner under these terms shall, to the extent that they are affected by the force majeure, be suspended during the term of the force majeure. The owner shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by the Hirer as a result of any delays caused by such force majeure events.
15. Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
The Hirer hereby unconditionally accepts these terms and acknowledges that its acceptance is a condition precedent to taking possession of the equipment from the owner.
16. Payment Details
Payments must be made as per details provided on invoice.
17. Delivery/Collection Access
The hirer must disclose any access/egress restrictions that may pose a delay and/or incur additional expense with delivery/collection. If such restrictions are present at the time of delivery/collection, additional costs may be charged to the hirer as a result at Pallet Furniture Co’s discretion. To avoid unexpected costs, ensure any possible restrictions are noted to Pallet Furniture Co at the time of securing the booking.
All bulky items (such as furniture and larger items) requires access that allows the items to be wheeled to the drop off point (fridge trolleys are used to maneuver items). Due to weight , items will not be carried up/down stairs. Items will be dropped off at an appropriate location, and will be up to the hirer to relocate the items if there is access/egress restrictions (stairs for example). The hirer must refer to the dimensions o each item found within the items description, to ensure access/egress height and width can be met when delivering and collecting.